Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Aside from the obvious, holidays, I get the most "homesick" when I hear the National Anthem of the United States. Last week we went to an event at the girls school and it opened with playing "The Star Spangled Banner" while raising our flag. I cannot sing that song anymore without tears that roll down my cheeks.

I suppose when you go for MONTHS without hearing your National Anthem, you grow numb to being the foreigner but WOW.....to be able to stand with your hand over your heart and sing ..."land of the free and the home of the brave" ......! I don't think I will ever take that opportunity for granted again.

2 comments:

plavnickpm said...

Thanks for sharing your heart! Other than for a victory at an Olympic event or at the start of a baseball game, we here don't hear our National Anthem, either. What a shame.

Praying you are being blessed today, too.

Pablo
><> + <><

Preach and Heal said...

It makes me tear up too when I hear our Naitonal Anthem.