Saturday, July 5, 2008

Not so Happy July 4th

Ok, I guess I can admit (though my strong will says "no") that everybody here was a little...ok a lot bumbed out about July 4th. I don't mean the kids.....they really don't know any difference ....I am talking about my M friends. I thought it was just me until tonight which really made me feel better because at least now I am know....I was actually feeling quite par for the course!

We have not had water consistently now for 3 days and probably will not tomorrow either. We miss our American food, BBQ, friends, patriotism.....I could go on and on but I won't. I missed Dad's Birthday. You name it and we had reason to cry about it this weekend, or so we thought.

My friend, Tessa has not had a shower in 4 days!!! Today her husband Bob actually took a shower in the rain in the backyard soap and all! And I do mean ALL! Fortunately none of their neighbors can see into their yard!

On a lighter note, Mark actually got to DRIVE tonight! He was so excited. He got behind the wheel of a 1986 Nissan Sentra and was lovin it. It is our friends car and he drove us home from the party and let Mark drive. Mark hasn't driven since December 27!